Katrein Group is a family operated partnership corporation established under the Egyptian company’s law. The family established the business activities on 1975. Mr. Sanad (The Founder) is originally an army retired officer.
During nearly 40 years the firm staff gained a lot of experience in the following fields of activity:
2 Construction and Contracting Field
- Small Turn Key Projects in construction, ranging from US$ 150`000 to US$ 300`000.
- Major subcontractor for the following giant companies:
DELTA GENERAL CONTRACTING CO.
- Painting work for housing project buildings at Nasr City (200 Units).
CAIRO GENERAL CONTRACTING CO.
- Assembling power plants and electrical work, renovating the Cataract Hotel, a historical landmark at Aswan City, Egypt.
- Complete electrical work of their projects to construct the Hotel Institute at Luxor City.
- Similar jobs at their sites in Kena City in Upper Egypt Region.
3 Services for Oil Industry
KATREIN GROUP has dealt with the major oil companies and Petroleum Services in Egypt as follow:
- Echo-sounding and marine survey for their projects for Petrobel Refinery at Feran Area (South of Sinai).
SUMED (The Arab Petroleum Pipelines Co.)
Major subcontractor for The Arab Petroleum Pipelines Co. in many projects and mainly in the following areas:
- Running their two terminals at the Gulf of Suez (El Ain El-Shoukhna) and Mediterranean sites (Sidi Kerier) in mooring services and all other related offshore and inshore activities for three years. Our firm achieved the job by employing 420 highly qualified personnel of different skills (Total contract value US$ 9`100`000).
- Dredging the port at El-Mena Al-Fransawi to maintain its depth for two years (Total contract value US$ 730`000).
- Helicopter Leasing, a joint-venture with ROTORFLUG, a German company for the supply and hoisting pilots to the oil tankers plus inspecting the pipe lines on weekly basis (Total contract value US$ 4`400`000 in five years Period).
4 Shipping and Navigation Field
Ship owner for m/v SANAD-1 which was working between Mediterranean ports and Alexandria specially Spain with dead weight of 4000 tones of general cargo or 165 of twenty feet containers.
SANAD-1 which was working between Mediterranean ports and Alexandria
5 Agriculture and Produce Field
The firm had opened a branch in Uganda to collect the produce and grains, specially Sesame seeds and corn for exporting internationally and supplying the world food program (1988-1992) with average annual quantity of 40`000 tones.
6 General List of Clients
The firm has gained a good reputation and strong business relations with the following customers as an active supplier for:
- ALUMINIUM COMPLEX
- ARAB BRITISH DYNAMICS CO. (AOI)
- ARAB CONTRACTORS
- CAIRO CONSTRUCTION CO.
- CAIRO INTERNATIONAL STADIUM AUTHORITY
- CAIRO OIL COMPANY
- CAIRO UNIVERSITY
- CEMENT FACTORIES (MOST OF THEM)
- CERAMIC AND CHINA WARE COMPANY
- DELTA CONSTRUCTION CO.
- EGYPTIAN HOTELS COMPANY
- GLASS & BOTTLING FACTORIES (MOST OF THEM)
- HELIOPOLISE FOR CHEMICALS INDUSTRY (Military Factory 81)
- STEEL AND COPPER FACTORIES (MOST OF THEM)
- SUEZ OIL COMPANY
- SUGAR & INTEGRATED INDUSTRIES CO.
- SUMED (ARAB PETROLEUM PIPELINES COMPANY)
- ZAGAZIG UNIVERSITY
- ENGINE FACTORY (AOI)
- AIRCRAFT FACTORY (AOI)
- SUEZ CANAL AUTHORITY